The SMA EV Charger allows PV system operators to charge their electric vehicles intelligently and sustainably by charging electric vehicles with surplus solar power keeping grid purchase costs to a minimum.
Used in combination with Sunny Home Manager 2.0
Ensures maximum solar energy utilisation
Conventional three-phase charging stations cannot utilise small solar capacities, for example, in the early morning and evening hours due to the standardised minimum charging power of electric vehicles. SMA EV Charger enables maximum utilisation of this energy by starting the single-phase charging process at 1.3 kW and automatically switching to three-phase charging for larger solar capacities.
Whether your system is brand-new or has been in operation for some time, SMA EV Charger is highly flexible and is compatible with all standard electric vehicles thanks to its permanently attached type 2 charging cable.
In combination with SMA Sunny Home Manager 2.0, customers can prioritize solar power for charging their electric vehicles – and do this very quickly if they are in a hurry. It can be easily operated via a rotary switch on the device or from the SMA Energy app.
SMA EV Charger uses a combination of grid and solar power to complete single-phase charging with up to 7.4 kW – and almost twice as fast as at conventional charging stations. The smart system always takes loads into account and prevents the home connection from becoming overloaded.
- Compatible with all standard electric vehicles
- Integration in new and existing PV systems
Quick and easy
- Charging with up to 22 kW (3-phase)
- Boost function for grid-compatible, single-phase charging with up to 7.4 kW
- Control and visualisation via SMA Energy app
- Maximum utilization of solar energy
- Zero-emissions charging
Easily operated using a rotary switch directly on the device or from the SMA Energy app on your smartphone. The boost function charges at almost twice the speed of a conventional charging station. Even small solar capacities can be utilized to the maximum early in the morning and evening thanks to the automatic switchover from single- and three-phase charge modes.
- Three phase version charges at 1.3 to 22kW
- Complete with 5m charging cable with Type 2 connector.
- Boost function
- Automatic phase switching (3-phase version)
- Built-in 6 mA CC residual current protection
- Rotary switch
- LED state display
- SMA Smart Connected.
- Control and visualization via your smartphone using the SMA Energy app