50W REINFORCED ULTRA-NARROW SEMI-FLEXIBLE SOLAR PANEL WITH A DURABLE ETFE COATING – ARFLXSC2-50M
- Peak power: 50W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.6V
- Maximum power current: 2.84A
- Open circuit voltage: 20.2V
- Short circuit current: 3.01A
- Power allowance range: +/- 5%
- Solar Panel Dimensions: 1540 x 200 x 4 mm
- Junction Box Dimensions: 90 x 16 x 16 mm
- Weight: 1.75 kg
- 2 x 90 cm of high quality single core solar cable (2.5mm² cross section)
- Male and female MC4 connectors
At Photonic Universe they love high quality solar products. That’s why they have developed this highly durable semi-flexible solar panel reinforced with anodised aluminium, a strong ETFE surface and made from monocrystalline solar cells. This high efficiency 50W solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V batteries to power various applications, such as in a motorhome, caravan, camper, boat, or for solar lighting systems, off-grid, and back up solar power systems. The panel can also be used to provide direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current (e.g. electric motors or pumps) and for various grid-tie applications.
Aluminium reinforcement and strong ETFE coating:
This reinforced semi-flexible solar panel has a unique 7-layer construction, featuring an embedded sheet of anodised aluminium fully encapsulated within the solar panel. This additional reinforcement offers greater strength and resilience, making this one of the most robust semi-flexible solar panels available on the market.
In addition to the aluminium reinforcement, the surface of this 50W semi-flexible solar panel is made of strong ETFE material which has a longer service life compared to standard semi-flexible solar panels. As a result, these particular semi-flexible solar panels are extremely hard-wearing and less prone to cracking, delamination and corrosion. The lightly textured coating of this panel creates an anti-reflective surface which allows the panel to absorb a far greater amount of light, thereby increasing efficiency. ETFE material has long been used in applications where durability and high-temperature resistance is required, such as in the Eden Project, Cornwall.
High quality 5-busbar solar cells:
This panel also features innovative 5 busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3 or 4 busbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited. These solar cells are also the best choice for applications in warmer climates, as they operate well even in high ambient temperatures.
- Semi-flexible design makes it ideal for slightly curved roofs and surfaces where bonding is preferable (though the panel can also be fixed by bolts or screws)
- Unique ultra-narrow shape is ideal for applications where space is restricted, or where there are obstructions on the roof (only 20cm wide)
- The panel is incredibly light (only 1.75kg) which is great for all vehicles
- High resistance to salt water environments and possibility to walk on the panel make it perfect for boats and yachts.
- Sealed waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
The panel is fitted with 2 x 90 cm of cable specially designed for solar panels to carry high currents with negligible power loss (2.5mm² cross section). The cable comes with waterproof MC4 connectors which can be used for easy connectivity to your existing system, for linking several panels together or for connecting 2.5mm2 extension cable.