- Battery Capacity 2.4KWh (Kilowatt/hours)
- Expected power generated in Summer 1KWh
- Expected power generated in Winter 250Wh
This Photonic Universe 250W 12V Complete Off-grid Solar Power System is the perfect ready-to-use kit for off-grid applications requiring a reliable and constant source of power for household appliances or industrial equipment in areas without access to or without stable mains electricity. This kit can provide power to small household or office appliances such as a TV, radio, lights, computer, laptop, printer or a low power kettle. This may vary significantly according to location and season.
This complete off-grid kit has been expertly designed to maximise efficiency and output and therefore comes equipped with some of our most premium quality products; including a 5-busbar monocrystalline solar panel with German solar cells and a state-of-the-art Iconica hybrid power inverter – an intelligent combination of a solar charge controller, pure sine wave inverter and a smart mains battery charger in one single unit.
- 250W solar panel with 5m solar cable and MC4 connectors
- Iconica Hybrid 1000W 12V pure sine wave inverter
- 2 x 100Ah AGM deep cycle Photonic Universe leisure batteries
- 100A fuse or circuit breaker
- A pair of 5m 4mm2 solar extension cables with MC4 connectors
- 1m of 25mm2 tinned copper battery cables
- Battery linking cables
- Loose ring terminals
250W Solar panel:
The high efficiency, waterproof 250W monocrystalline solar panel included in the kit features innovative 5-busbar German solar cells to maximise efficiency and output. The panel is fitted with 2 x 5m of 4mm2 cable with MC4 connectors on the end. These can be used for easy connection to the 5m solar extension cable included with the kit.
1000W 12V Iconica Hybrid Inverter:
This inverter intelligently combines the functions of a 1000W pure sine wave inverter, 50A solar charge controller and a 20A smart battery charger in one single unit:
1. 1000W 12V Pure sine wave inverter: Converts DC current from the solar panel into 230V AC mains electricity, to run various household appliances such as a TV, laptop, lighting, fans etc. Able to generate 1000VA of continuous power with a strong peak power handling capability of up to 2000VA (to start appliances with electric motors). This inverter is a pure sine wave type, which easily surpasses modified sine wave inverters in terms of efficiency and compatibility with a wider range of appliances.
2. Inbuilt 50A PWM solar charge controller: Regulates the input from the solar panel to the batteries, with a full range of safety functions; including protection against overcharge, overheating, reverse current etc. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance, prolongs the life of the batteries and can often recover some lost battery capacity. Performance data for the solar panel is displayed on the LCD screen.
3. Enhanced 20A Smart battery charger: Designed to enable safe and efficient unattended charging of the batteries from a mains power source or generator, with full overcharge protection and multiple charging stages.
Additional features: This model also features an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), and can accept input from the solar panel, mains power/ a generator and the batteries – either from a single or combination of input sources.
The inverter is supplied with a PC connection cable and PC software CD for convenient viewing of important system information, and can also be connected to a Wi-Fi connection kit or 3G connection kit (purchased separately) to unlock access to SMS / email status updates for the inverter, remote system monitoring from any location and much more.
2 x Photonic Universe AGM Batteries:
Our AGM deep-cycle batteries are non-spillable, completely sealed and maintenance free – amongst the very safest batteries you can find. They have a much longer service life compared to standard wet-cell batteries due to lower degradation and corrosion inside the battery. AGM batteries hold charge very well and have a low self-discharge rate.
This kit also includes 1m positive and negative 25mm2 tinned copper battery cables with loose ring terminals for connecting the inverter to the batteries, a 100A fuse or circuit breaker for use between the hybrid inverter and the batteries, 5m solar extension cable with MC4 connectors to connect to the existing 5m of solar cable fitted to the solar panel and battery linking cable to connect the batteries together.
Click on the Details and Specifications tab for more information about this kit.