Photonic Universe is proud of this complete 24kWh 48V 500Ah battery bank system, comprised of 24 x 2V high quality AGM batteries, connecting plates / cables and strong metal racking for convenient arrangement of your battery bank over two levels. This is an ideal solution for applications with large energy storage and power requirements, and includes all the items required for immediate installation and use.
Benefits of 2V battery connection:
This battery bank features 2V batteries, offering important advantages over battery banks made up of 12V batteries. These include:
Significantly improved longevity: These 2V batteries are connected in series, as opposed to 12V battery banks which require a complex combination of series and parallel connections. By connecting exclusively in series, each 2V battery is charged and discharged at an even rate. Thanks to these stable and balanced charging cycles, this battery bank has a considerably longer service life than any bank consisting of 12V batteries.
Deeper discharge capability: The thicker metal plates inside these 2V batteries allow more energy to be drawn from the bank than if it were comprised of 12V batteries.
The long service life and improved depth of discharge of this battery bank make it ideal for applications requiring constant, reliable and powerful energy supply. Such applications include, but are not limited to:
– Solar, wind and hybrid energy systems
– Household off-grid and grid tie power systems
– Emergency or back-up UPS systems
– Energy storage for telecommunications or networking equipment
– Power stations
Benefits of AGM batteries:
This battery bank features 24 x AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries. In AGM batteries, all electrolyte is absorbed into a special sponge made of glass fibre. Important benefits of AGM batteries include:
– Maintenance free: No need for liquid or electrolyte top up.
– Extremely safe: Non-spillable and completely sealed.
– Long service life: Longer-lasting than standard wet-cell batteries due to less degradation and corrosion inside the battery.
– Low self-discharge rate: AGM batteries are less prone to sulphation and hold charge for longer than flooded batteries.
– Highly resilient: Good resistance to shock and vibration.
These 24 x 2V batteries are supplied with a sturdy metal racking unit, with a dual-level design for convenient installation and optimisation of space.
These batteries are also supplied with thick metal plate connectors and high-quality cable for instant connection of the batteries in series. All connectors have been specifically designed to maximise system efficiency; tailored to the optimum thickness and length for this particular battery bank.
This battery bank is also supplied with a detailed user manual.
Specifications (per 2V battery):
- Nominal voltage: 2V
- Nominal capacity: 500Ah (10h rate) / 508Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 100A
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1200
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: M10 bolts
- Operating temperature: from -10C to +40C
- Size: 242 x 174 x 365 mm
- Weight: 27 kg
Specifications (entire 48V battery bank):
- Nominal voltage: 48V
- Nominal capacity: 24kWh
- Maximum charging current: 100A
- Charging voltage: cycle use 56.4V, standby use 54.8V
- Temperature compensation: cycle use -120mV/°C, standby use -72mV/°C
- Size: 1290 x 1140 x 670 mm (when positioned in racking)
- Weight: 720 kg (including racking)