This 20W solar charging kit includes:
- High efficiency 20W polycrystalline solar panel with 3m cable
- Advanced 5A solar charge controller with USB charging port and battery protection functions
- 2m battery cable with crocodile clips and a fuse
- User manual with installation instructions
20W solar panel:
This kit includes a waterproof high efficiency 20W solar panel which is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free power for charging a 12V battery to then power various devices for many applications (e.g. 12V lights, fan, water pump, electric fence etc). The kit can also be used to charge a leisure battery in a camper, caravan or boat.
The long-lasting, high-efficiency, polycrystalline cells and the tough, sealed, aluminium frame will give you years and years of consistent, free power. The waterproof design ensures that the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
The panel comes with 3m cable which is attached to the waterproof junction box at the back. Please note that the junction box protrudes approximately 0.5cm beyond the frame, which means that there must be some space left between the frame and flat surface when mounting the panel (note 1.0 – 1.5cm space under the panel is typically recommended for cooling).
5A solar charge controller:
This kit includes an advanced 5A solar charge controller designed to protect your 12V battery whilst charging it. This advanced controller has a 5V USB port (1.2A output) offering fast charging of USB compatible devices (e.g mobile phones, tablets, mp3 players etc) as well as a pair of load terminals for connecting 12V loads (such as lights) if desired.
The controller can work with sealed, gel and flooded batteries – the battery type can be easily set. The unit also has a pair of terminals for connecting your 12V loads if necessary (such as lights etc).
This solar controller stops reverse current at night (from the battery back through the solar panel) so your battery won’t lose any charge. It has many other protection functions such as over charge / discharge, over load, short circuit, overheating etc. Other features of this controller include LED indicators, battery type switch and load “on/off” button.
The solar kit also includes 2m battery cable with a fuse and crocodile clips for ease of connection to your battery. A user manual is provided with the solar kit which contains instructions for a quick and safe installation.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 20W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- Maximum power current: 1.14A
- Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- Short circuit current: 1.23A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 485 x 345 x 25 mm
- Weight: 2.0 kg
- 4 mounting holes
- 3m cable attached
Charge controller specifications:
- Charging current: 5A
- Load current: 5A
- Rated voltage: 12V
- LEDs to indicate battery state of charge, solar panel and load status
- Self-consumption: 12V ≤5mA ; 24V ≤7mA
- Working temperature: -35C to +55C
- USB Interface: 5V DC / 1.2A
- 3 pairs of terminals (solar panel, battery, load) for wire up to 2.5mm2
- Size: 109.7 x 65.5 x 20.8 mm
- Weight: 90 g
- 2 x 4.5mm mounting holes