What is an AGM battery?
AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mat – this is a battery in which all electrolyte is absorbed into a special sponge made of glass fibre. This advanced technology ensures that AGM batteries are non-spillable, completely sealed and maintenance free – they are one of the safest batteries you can find. They have a much longer service life compared to standard wet-cell batteries due to less degradation and corrosion inside the battery. AGM batteries hold charge very well and have a low self-discharge rate.
Other important benefits of AGM batteries include:
- Better recovery from deep discharge
- Their position doesn’t have to be upright all the time
- These batteries have better resistance to shock and vibration
Deep cycle means that this battery has been specially designed for applications which involve regular deep discharge. Such applications include using it as a leisure battery in caravans, motorhomes, campervans and boats, or energy storage in lighting systems, telecommunications, networking equipment and various types of off-grid power systems. This battery is also great for back up, emergency power storage and UPS systems.
This battery is a perfect choice for our solar charging kits due to its excellent solar charge acceptance. It is also ideal for various wind power systems or for combined solar and wind energy storage.
The service life of this battery is typically 3-5 years, but if treated well the battery can last up to 6-8 years.
The battery comes packaged in a carton box with a user manual and bolts/washers for terminals.
- Nominal voltage: 12V
- Nominal capacity: 100Ah (10h rate) / 105Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 25A
- Self-discharging rate: <3% per month
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1000-1100
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: F13 (bolts and washers included)
- Operating temperature: from +10C to +40C
- Size: 331 x 173 x 217 mm
- Weight: 30.0 kg